What is up?
In a move that surprises no one, least of all me, I’ve let this whole writing about things languish pretty heavily. My most recent post was almost two years ago, and since then quite a lot has changed. If you know me, you probably already know a lot of this, and if you don’t you likely don’t much care - but then what are you doing here anyway?
That being said, in an effort to try an coalesce some of these experiences into something useful, I’ve resolved to be more active in writing about what I’ve been working on, the papers I’ve been reading, and some general non programming things I’ve been up to.
Since tonight was mostly spent updating my Jekyll and getting familiar with the process again, I’ll sign off with this 20,000 foot view of what I’ve been up to the last 2 years with a promise to expand on the topics in the weeks to come.
- Got back into playing the guitar
- Went to Alaska with some excellent folks - Video Evidence
- Went to Burning Man - more on this later
- Sold Learndot went to Malaysia
- Learned the deeply humbling experience that is explaining and justifying 3 years of hurried decisions to other professionals pouring over your code
- Started working at Hootsuite
- Learned heaps about working with legacy code
- Lots of fun with React.js
- Working with microservices in docker + scala
With that out of the way, I hope to see you soon.